Important opportunities that set the future direction of our community take place virtually every day at some level of local or state government. If you believe, as we do, that a healthy business environment is an essential component of livability, then a constructive business voice contributing to those discussions is imperative.
It’s the reason the Eugene Chamber takes very seriously its role of advocate on behalf of the business community with state and local government entities — to ensure an environment where businesses can thrive. The Chamber is the only broad-based business organization that aspires to represent business interests no matter your size, industry or location. If you're doing business in the Eugene area — even if your company is located outside the area — we are working on your behalf.
The influential 25 members of the Chamber’s Local Government Affairs Council (LGAC) meet on a weekly basis to review and take action on public policy issues that impact business and the local economy. From local land use issues to regulations, LGAC is protecting and promoting the interests of business. The Chamber, through LGAC, determines these interests and works to advance those positions. It is LGAC’s job to be non-partisan, pro-business and pro-community.
The goals are to:
- Represent the interests of business
- Explore and pursue community collaborations focused on positive, high-impact community development projects
- Champion investments in infrastructure important to continued economic prosperity throughout the region
- Serve as a leader in supporting and advancing innovative approaches to the challenges faced by local government
- Develop, encourage and support effective leaders who aspire to local elected office
Building a great community with a vibrant economy requires an active voice for the business community. In Eugene, that responsible voice of business is the Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce.