Conducting business in the past several years has certainly proved to be challenging. The Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce invites you to take a look at the ten reasons to remain optimistic about our community’s economic recovery.
- Local companies are still growing. Even in these times, several local employers continue to thrive.
- The region’s medical sector continues its dynamic growth.
- Lane Community College is taking a major step forward with a $82 million dollar capitol project.
- The University of Oregon continues its role as the engine that drives the local economy.
- Eugene solidified its role as Track Town USA.
- A local utility is relocated and creating new opportunities for downtown Eugene in the process.
- The community continues its commitment to a healthy downtown.
- Eugene/Springfield continues to shine as the retail center for the Southern Willamette Valley.
- There is a new energy surrounding entrepreneurial development in Eugene/Springfield.
- And finally, The Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce is stronger than ever and positioned to help lead the way for the region’s economic recovery.